Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Revelations

My daughter’s generation doesn’t understand their children. She’s annoyed with my grandchildrens’ “Whatever” as a dismissal but it really irks her when they say, “It’s all good.” She yells at ‘em to speak ‘normally.’


I lost patience with my daughter, had to pull her off of ‘em, scolding ‘em for this very thing.


“Enough, Belva-Jean! The kids aren’t the problem. You are.”


“PAPA! How COULD you!!”


“You don’t speak their language so you can’t understand it.”


“How’s that, Papa?” she demanded, indignant.
"I raised you right, didn’t I?”
“What’s the point?!”
“Took you to church, right?”
“Sometimes.”
“My grandkids are havin’ a religious experience!”


She glared, hands on hips.


“Sure, honey. ‘It’s all good.’ That’s biblical! Romans, chapter 8 an’ 28– QUOTE:
‘And we know that in all things God works for the good,’ blah-blah. See? It’s ALL GOOD, Belva-Jean!”


She fought a smile. I winked at the kids, who laughed and bumped fists.


“That’s not FAIR, Papa!” she said with a stomp in mock anger, spreading a grin.
“What-EV-ER, Belva-Jean!”


The grandkids lost it. Belva-Jean threw a throw pillow.


“Careful! I can quote ‘Whatever’ from the Good Book, too!”


I wasn’t the grandkids’ hero very long once she told them I showed her the error of her ways. My daughter’s dragging them to church this Sunday and every Sunday, thereafter.


Seems I have a fishing engagement and can’t join ‘em. Poor little bastards.


Belva-Jean’s mama sure wasn’t a vindictive bitch.


Now where’d that gol-dern rod an’ reel get to….


[MudSpots Theme: Aphorisms]

No comments:

Post a Comment