Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

MegaMillions Mega What-Ifs


Were I the Dictator of [sic] Amerika for just 10 minutes, I would have nationalized the Megamillions company, seized its assets, and awarded one million dollars to every tax-filing household in the country using the leftovers to help the homeless and ensure the government didn‘t screw-up the distribution.

It was that much money.

Among those on a potentially long list of people I’m thrilled weren’t winners are my one sister, Charles Manson, Nancy Pelosi, my boss who would not have resigned, Bernie Madoff’s wife, Warren Buffett, Angelina Jolie...and I’m sure you could make your own gratitude list.

Waxing on what could be and now what could have been seems the norm of pre- and post- lotto fever.

This illegal alien undocumented worker Mexican opportunist buddy of mine swore he’d buy rail cars full of wire cutters, night vision equipment and hiking boots for the folks back home.

If the guy behind Move On dot Org had won, I could have only hoped he’d have moved out, but then, I confess I only played for the inherent value of the Megamillions, getting what I deserved, which was a whole 'lotto' hope for a buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment