Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Confession


I'd describe myself as pretty good in the kitchen and watched Meryl Streep's portrayal of Julia Child several times in a movie called Julie & Julia because I'll watch anything with Streep.

That movie could aptly and proudly sport a 'chick flick' label and Streep was brilliant.

The embarrassing part is...well, how many straight, non-chef men do you know who can recognize an orange Dutch oven as a French-made "Le Creuset" that retails for about $249.00 USD?

It's Valentine's Day, I need to get ready for work, and I'm sitting here hungry for beef bourguignon prepared in strict adherence to Julia Child's recipe, and baked in a kitchen pot I don't own but suddenly want.

Today, millions will be moved by demonstrative acts of love shown by gifts and chocolates and roses and my mind's on an orange "Flame," 5.5 quart Le Creuset Dutch oven wafting an aroma from beef bourguignon I know Burger King won't be serving tonight.


I hate chick flicks and Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment