Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Won't Willingly Give Up Writing for Lent

It's Ash Wednesday (a day I years ago nicknamed "Smudge-head Wednesday") signifying the beginning of Lenten Observance in the Roman Catholic Church.


I've already smoked and drunk coffee, today, so those are out for suffering an entire season of sacrifice.


Chocolate would be fudging and beer is a bust because I seldom indulge and almost never over-indulge, there.


Abstinence from sex isn't viable and we're just not gonna go there (unless self-imposed celibacy is offered-Up for daily....never mind, sorry God.) .


Meatless Fridays may be a strong contender...except I've failed there in seasons past with a cheekful of burger, saying "Shit" and blowing onion and burger bunned mush outta my mouth once I realized what day of the week it was.


I may just have to get back to you on this, which--dammit!--now takes procrastination off the table of consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment