Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

On the One Hand, Valentines

I miss those running love notes we hid in unsuspected places and your eyes delicious as big, brown, warm, molasses cookies inviting me to kisses like I had never known.



I miss your Oregon farm-girl roots and earnestness, our ::blush:: sexual... uhm... well, suffice to say a chemistry so obviously and lasciviously legend.



Ya know, I miss your folks and their place on the hilltop among the almonds and vineyards of California's central coast and even your little brother's musings when he had smoked too much pot.

 
I miss your wacky spelling of your first name and remember my crush on you in junior college, never dreaming we'd date and I'd fall so effortlessly for you, as naturally as a raindrop.



I miss holding you, saying I'll love you forever, and--decades later--confess today is without exception.



Fact is, I miss all five of you in different ways at different times, but see that it isn't love alone I miss, but a certain something in your 'someone-ness' that loved me back, and how, before discovering an eventual beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment