Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

IIXL in New Orleans

My überheightened trip-planning, research and internet skills have been working full-tilt as if they've been munching mental steroids. To claim it I'll name it, 'Traveller's Pre-Trip Adrenaline." Every to-pack item. Sightseeing. Meals. Free time. Commemorating a birthday. I love every second spent delving into these considerations, convinced my trip experiences will be better for them.

AAA had a sale and I declared a 32" Samsonite Roller Duffel to be a birthday present (60% off!), and under the same banner, purchased two T-shirts (NFL New Orleans Saints; LiquidBlue's 'Clowns').

The shoes I can't find anywhere in town have shipped from an Amazon.com merchant, an expense rationalized by serving double duty in the workplace as well as supporting my cane-assisted gait through 'The Crescent City.'

The list-builder who dwells within me has produced three:  restaurants by budget and day-part; tourist attractions missed or unavailable (closed) during my 2010 visit; and notions of how I'll spend time not budgeted in the foregoing two lists. While that last list may seem vague, it contains some of the following:
  • Arrival Day: get to the corner of Canal St. and South St. Peters to purchase two 3-Day 'Jazzy Passes' from the vending machine, 'neutral ground' [local for 'median'] for unlimited buses and streetcars' use;
  • design a memorable "IIXL" birthday-for-1;
  • Pray away flooding and hurricanes;
  • Do I take my own apron for my 4-hour stint in cooking school?
Two weeks and a few days. Breathe in. Breathe out. Remain in relatively good health.
Stay employed.

Ahhhh, the thoughts of returning....


No comments:

Post a Comment