Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Penny Wise and Pounds of Ignorance

The "curiously strong" Altoids seemed harmless at a $1.99 in their cutesy little tins until I experienced psychogenic shock doing the math: $19.20 per pound.

And I'm eating chicken 'quarters'--leg and thigh-- for 59¢-79¢ per pound?

Coconut loves "Beggin' Strips" and I guess she's fooled thinking it is real bacon my local markets sell for $2.99 to $4.99 per pound. Roasts and many cuts of steak don't cost the Beggin' Strips' $7.50 per pound, so I promise your fare will improve dramatically, hoochy-pooch.

I really should listen to Clark Howard's syndicated money-saving shows but his voice is more annoying than gnats exploring my ear hole.

Shame on me with two college degrees and a calculator, but not paying attention to paying.

No comments:

Post a Comment