Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

PTOOEY!

Juan Valdez pulls his ass up that Colombian mountain for guys like me, members of 'Team Caffeine.' I'm sure that ass is just as grateful for gravity-under-load (downhill) as I am for my first mornin' cup ('down the hatch').

I do everything I can to please my palate with the best cup of java I can: if ground, it's in the fridge; if beans they're frozen; unbleached cone filters; filtered water.

My love for bean brew sparked the possibility of a business venture that caused me to peel Benajamins for a flight, hotel, car, and tuition to the American Coffee Training Institute for classroom and practical experience in the specialty coffee industry (blending, roasting, et al).

When I slid the drawer open. this morning to find no brown conical coffee filters, it was if I'd been sucker-punched, forcing me to perforn a pre-dawn strategic strafe of the 24-hour Walgreen's shelves.

If one's outta toilet paper there's always leaves but there was no way on God's green coffee mountains I was going to drink the product of my sister's action this morning, my precious grind filtered by a paper towel stuffed into the cone which any of my drink's disciples would deem a sacrilege in the cathedral of caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment