Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It Was About Time We Met


My sister introduced me to one of her friends about 20 years ago, a divorced young woman with a 6 year old son and a terrific job as the admin assistant for one of the regents at one of the University of California campuses.


She looked like a cross between Halle Berry and Whitney Houston, with skin just a shade or two darker, and drop-dead gorgeous.

Breathtakingly so.


Lately, I’ve seen a woman around town who could be her clone and I say that only because the woman I keep seeing is in her 30s, and my sister's friend has to be pushing 60.


Each time I’ve spotted her, she’s looked right at me, locked eyes and smiled, and it's almost given me a shiver.

She’s asked to see me and is in my office, and I rise to her neon smile, extending my hand and she gently takes it...but I can't let go, now, because her eyes reveal her and I recognize she is Death, come to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment