Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Lasting Baseball Memory


My left-handedness gave me a bodacious curve ball I used to say I could throw through a sideways door from the pitcher's mound some 60-feet, 6-inches away.


I even set a league record for triples one year, me, a pitcher!

When I was in college, Juan Marichal, a legendary left-hander for the S.F. Giants nodded over toward me from the bullpen and told the catcher, "That kid can HURL!"

Hey, it was an unusually sunny and hot day among Candlestick Park's 'Bleacher Creatures.'


I guess I hadn't realized how many of those ten-ounce little bottles of Miller High Life I had consumed.

Shit, if I hadn't been holding onto the railing while puking, I'd have prolly somersaulted myself right onto the ground from the 8th row making the double-header a triple one.

No comments:

Post a Comment