Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Vein-Bulging Daddy, San Francisco State, ca. 1980

< 5:00AM, PST >

"This is Joe, Manager on Duty, how may I help you?"



"This is George Blahblah in Peabody, Mass, and I wanna know what the HELL'S going ON, there!

"I just called my 18-year old daughter, Carolyn Blahblah, in room 603 at Mary Park Hall, and a goddamn BOY answered and, when I asked who the hell he was and what was he doing there, he said 'I'm her roommate and don't ever fuckin' bother us this early again,' and slammed the GODDAMN PHONE down on me!"


[pause]
"Mr. Blahblah, that is the dorm with the co-ed floor and...checking the records, Carolyn does have a male roommate."


"You have to be SHITTING me, and... and I'm going to be phoning the President of that goddamned zoo for a school you're running out there, and WHAT did you say your name was, again?"

"I'm Joe Gensle, the M.O.D. of all three dorms and you're welcome to do that but I think this is a conversation you might want to have with Carolyn, first, because this is San Francisco, and she and the young man chose that living arrangement by mutual consent...and she is eighteen...but, oh, you should know that, shouldn't you."

< click >

No comments:

Post a Comment